Making a Difference in Diabetes Self Management
A workshop for health professionals and community health workers using a sharing-circle approach to gain knowledge, techniques and tools to guide your work with people with diabetes and truly make a difference, now and several generations from now.
Everyone can make a difference, in every practice setting, every encounter, every time.
October 3rd, 2017
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Lister Conference Centre
University of Alberta
• Review the pathophysiology of diabetes relating to SMBG
• Learn about tools to support diabetes self-management
• Learn about effective use of medications and insulins
• Engage in exercises to support discussions about SMBG
• Learn how to interpret SMBG results and support the person to work with their diabetes team to advocate for the best treatments
The one-day workshop is $275 plus applicable taxes. (Lunch is provided with your registration. Please advise if their are special dietary needs or restrictions.).
Early bird rate is $250 plus applicable taxes until August 31, 2017.
Who will be interested?
This inter-professional workshop will be of interest to health professionals, community health workers, diabetes educators, dietitians, nurses, pharmacists, exercise therapists, social workers, family physicians, nurse practitioners and any health professionals/workers in diabetes self-management
Spaces are limited. Register now!
The workshops have limited seating, and we encourage you to register early. Registrations must be received and paid by September 15, 2017. Unregistered guests are not permitted to attend the worksop.
Want to register a group? Groups of 6 or more qualify for a special rate of $185 plus GST.